To be healthy we all need to eat a variety of different foods. For children, this results in better behaviour and concentration in the short term, as well as protecting them against a range of diseases and sickness in later life.
Forest Park assist this by:
- Encouraging children to try different foods at lunchtime.
- Changing recipes to reduce fat, sugar and salt content.
- Introducing vegetables into dishes to increase intake in line with ‘5 a day’ for fruit and vegetables
- Oven-baking instead of frying, where possible.
- Providing suitable alternatives to meet dietary needs.